DETALLES DE LA FORMACIÓN
Formación gratis para Trabajadores y Empresas, consulta próxima convocatoria, si eres trabajador de Régimen general disfruta de la formación a coste cero.
Modalidad de la formación: A distancia
Duración: 100 Horas
Titulación: Diploma acreditativo con las horas del curso
Mejorar las destrezas generales del Inglés a nivel oral y escrito.
Nota: El contenido de este curso aparece exclusivamente en INGLÉS
UNIT 1: PEOPLE AND PLACES
- Discuss reasons for living where you do
- Explain why you plan stay or leave
- Describe a new place
- Describe the city where you live
- Grammar: Present perfect tense vs present continuous tense. So + adjective + that
- Vocabulary: Migration; Climate
- Listening: Focused listening. Interviews about why people live where they do
- Speaking and pronunciation: Discussing reasons for staying or moving. Contractions with have and be
- Reading: "Pioneers of the Pacific".
- Writing: Writing a paragraph about a city
- Video Journal: "San Francisco's Mission District".
UNIT 2: THE MIND
- Talk about learning strategies
- Talk about your senses
- Talk about your fears
- Describe an emotional experience
- Grammar: Gerunds as subjects and after prepositions. May, might, and could for possibility
- Vocabulary: Thought processes; Scientific investigations
- Listening: Listening for general understanding and specific information. A radio program about the unusual condition of synesthesia
- Speaking and pronunciation: Talking about sensations, Th sounds
- Reading: "In your Face".
- Writing: Writing about a personal experience
- Video Journal: "Memory Man".
UNIT 3: CHANGING PLANET
- Suggest solutions to environmental problems
- Discuss causes and effects
- Talk about invasive species
- Discuss effects on the future
- Grammar: The passive - all tenses; The past perfect
- Vocabulary: Environmental changes; Large numbers
- Listening: general and focused listening. Climate change
- Speaking and pronunciation: Discussing cause and effect; Linking words together
- Reading: TED TALKS "Salvation (and profit) in Greentech".
- Writing: Writing a news article
- Video Journal: "The Netherlands: Rising Water".
UNIT 4: MONEY vs. WEALTH
- Describe your financial habits
- Discuss things that people value
- Talk about banking
- Talk about different types of wealth
- Grammar: Gerund vs infinitive; Review of the passive voice
- Vocabulary: Money transactions; Banking
- Listening: General and focused listening. Radio program: The history of money
- Speaking and pronunciation: Giving suggestions for how to have fun for free. Reduction of to
- Reading: TED TALKS "Music is Medicine, Music is Sanity".
- Writing: Writing a paragraph about valued things
- Video Journal: "Making a Deal".
UNIT 5: SURVIVAL
- Talk about emergency situations
- Evaluate survival methods
- Describe how animals survive
- Write a brochure
- Grammar: Unreal conditional in the present, Wish in the present
- Vocabulary: Survival skills. Environmental conservation
- Listening: Listening for general understanding. A radio program interviewing survivors
- Speaking and pronunciation: Simulation: working with a team in a survival situation. Reduce sounds d'ya and didja
- Reading: "Survival School".
- Writing: Writing an advertising brochure
- Video Journal: "Andean Weavers".
UNIT 6: ART
- Report what another person said
- Express your opinions about a piece of art
- Describe your favorite artists and their art
- Talk about public art
- Grammar: Reported speech; Subject adjective clauses
- Vocabulary: Art; Art materials
- Listening: Listening for general understanding. Conversations in a museum
- Speaking and pronunciation: Discussing personal selections. Thought groups
- Reading: "Saving a City's Public art".
- Writing: Writing a detailed description
- Video Journal: "Faces of India".
UNIT 7: GETTING AROUND
- Talk about new developments
- Discuss choices in transportation
- Use English to get around
- Make recommendations for improving transportation
- Grammar: Passive voice with the present continuous and present perfect tenses; Indirect questions
- Vocabulary: Modern transportation; Public transportation
- Listening: Focused listening. A discussion: Subway systems
- Speaking and pronunciation: Role-play: solving an airport problem. Reduced are
- Reading: "The Rickshaws of Kolkata".
- Writing: Writing a letter to the editor of a newspaper
- Video Journal: Big City Bicycle Messengers".
UNIT 8: COMPETITION
- Talk about sports
- Explain which sport is best for you
- Talk about positive and negative aspects of competition
- Discuss competitive advantages
- Grammar: Negative questions; Adjective clauses with object pronouns
- Vocabulary: Sportsmanship. Sports
- Listening: Listening for general understanding and specific information. Sports Interviews
- Speaking and pronunciation: Matching sports to personalities
- Reading: "In Sports Red is Winning Color".
- Writing: Writing a list of competition tips
- Video Journal: "Women in The Rodeo".
UNIT 9: DANGER
- Discuss ways to stay safe
- Talk about dangerous work
- Discuss personal emergencies
- Discuss dangerous situations
- Grammar: Tag questions; Adverbial clauses of time
- Vocabulary: Dangerous things. Expressions for emergencies
- Listening: Focused and general listening. Radio program: An unusual job
- Speaking and pronunciation: Role-play: a newspaper interview. Intonation of tag questions
- Reading: TED TALKS "Three Things I Learned While My Plane Crashed".
- Writing: Writing about emergency preparations
- Video Journal: "Destroyers".
UNIT 10: MYSTERIES
- Speculate about mysteries
- Discuss types of mysteries
- Talk about plans you used to have
- Explain a mysterious image
- Grammar: Modals for speculating about the past; The future in the past
- Vocabulary: Ancient Mysteries; Reactions to surprise
- Listening: Listening for general understanding. Interview of sea monster expert
- Speaking and pronunciation: Discussing different types of mysteries. Intonation: Finished and unfinished ideas
- Reading: "Hands Across Time".
- Writing: Writing a comparison
- Video Journal: "Crops Circles".
UNIT 11: LEARNING
- Talk about educational choices
- Discuss your learning style
- Talk about choosing a university major
- Propose a new approach to teaching
- Grammar: Should have, Would have, Could have; Noun clauses
- Vocabulary: Education; University majors
- Listening: Listening for general understanding. Learning experiences
- Speaking and pronunciation: Discussing quiz results. Past modals
- Reading: TED TALKS "Five Dangerous Things (You Should Let Your Children Do)".
- Writing: Writing about new approaches to teaching
- Video Journal: "Butler school".
UNIT 12: SPACE
- Talk about the future
- Talk about life in space
- Speculate about the future
- Summarize a sequence of events
- Grammar: Talking about the future; Modals and modal-like phrases to talk about the future
- Vocabulary: Space exploration. Future time expressions
- Listening: General and focused listening. Interview of an astronaut
- Speaking and pronunciation: Role-play: Choosing a space experiment. Stress in compound nouns
- Reading: "The Hubble Space Telescope".
- Writing: Writing about space exploration
- Video Journal: "Daring Mighty things: Curiosity Lands on Mars".
- - Contenidos del CD:
- - 1 CD con audiciones del libro del alumno y ejercicios interactivos
Uso exclusivo en PC
- - Contenido del material:
- - Libro del alumno WORLD ENGLISH 3: teoría, ejercicios y CD ROM interactivo
- - Libro de ejercicios WORKBOOK WORD ENGLISH 3.
- - CD con solucionario del libro del alumno